Have you ever wondered why most back-end engineers tend to love Django? Well it is because Django was developed in a fast-paced newsroom environment, it was designed to make common Web-development tasks fast and easy. I will list few features of Django i find exceptional in this blog.
- Designing your model: Although you can use Django without a database, it comes with an object-relational mapper in which you describe your database layout in Python code.
- Data model Syntax: Django offers many rich ways of representing your models — so far, it’s been solving many years’ worth of database-schema problems.
- Free Python API: Django allows the use of the API provided by Python which allow easy accessibility of your Data. The API is created on the fly, no code generation necessary.
- Dynamic Admin Interface: Once models are defined, Django can automatically create a professional, production ready administrative interface — a website that lets authenticated users add, change and delete objects.
- And lastly is the Designing of URLs: Django provides a clean, elegant URL scheme which is an important detail in a high-quality Web application. Django encourages beautiful URL design and doesn’t put any cruft in URLs, like .php or .asp.
This is just a quick overview of Django’s Functionality, some more useful features:
A caching framework that integrates with memcached or other back-ends.
A syndication framework that makes creating RSS and Atom feeds as easy as writing a small Python class.